Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Long Time, No Blog!

Tuesday, June 14th 2011

Long time no blog! I can't believe it's been 3 days since my last blog. I started a blog entry  on Sunday but Windows updated and I clicked to restart before I remembered I hadn't hit publish. Blah - the whole thing was lost. So here I am, Tuesday morning or Monday night depending on how you look at it but it's early Tuesday morning here on the East Coast.

Let's see - Saturday was a truly awesome day! S got here around 5:30pm and we sat and chatted for a bit then ordered dinner. We had pizza and I am proud to say I only had 2 slices - there was no obsessing over having less or more and I was satisfied. I also didn't over indulge in alcohol either. I had 2 glasses of Sprite/Coconut Rum and 1/2 a glass of Mudslide. Wow, is the Mudslide STRONG!! It was good but has a very strong vodka taste as the first taste. After the vodka taste leaves you taste the good chocolate milk flavor. I wasn't drunk or tipsy even - just relaxed. We sat and talked until 11pm when her husband called to ask when she was coming home. I didn't think about my panic or anything stressful all evening and I felt good, relaxed and HAPPY!! I really think having a girls night did me better than any prescription a Dr could prescribe. We're already planning our next girls night! :) I'm excited already! It felt like we were back in high school again, hanging out in her bedroom, talking about all the kids at school we liked (or didn't like). Back then we were inseparable. Our Mom's always bought us the same Christmas gifts because they knew we'd see each others and want it. There is a part of me that is sad we missed out on almost 15 years of each others lives but there is also a bigger part of me that feels blessed to have her back in my life.  So after S left around 11:30 or so I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow and slept for 8 hours straight. My poor cat was laying in front of me licking my face, almost begging for breakfast - or I'm sure I'd have slept longer.

Sunday was a bit of a bad day. My chest, stomach and back started itching and when I got warm or my skin got warm it would get red and feel even more itchy like something stinging me. That threw me into a panic wondering what was wrong. There was no rash just itching. I scratched my stomach in one area until it bled. Oops! It wasn't until Sunday even that I realized - all of the areas I was itching, I had sprayed a new perfume directly onto my skin. I showered and put lotion on, it still itched but much less. As I type, it is feeling MUCH better.

Monday was a very good day for me in the area of weight loss. I had been dragging my feet about exercising - finding a physical therapy plan to start my own rehabilitation. So today I decided enough is enough - I am still planning on going to the beach on June 5th 2011 and vlogging from there as my 1 year goal - both of my best friends have agreed to go with me to help me celebrate - SOOO there is no time to waste. I spoke with a nurse Monday morning, not treating me, just as a friend - she said the Dr she works for recommends marching in place to his morbidly obese patients as a beginning movement exercise. So that is just what I did. I marched in place 1 minute with 5 minute rests in between for 30 minutes - that averaged 6 minutes of exercise for 1/2 hour. I did that twice on Monday so 12 minutes of marching total. I know that doesn't seem like much but for not being active at all - it was a huge step forward. My upper legs are sore from using the muscles. I plan on keeping this routine except doing 12 minutes in the morning and 12 in the afternoon for the rest of the week. Next Monday I will move to 2 minutes every 5 minutes - 12 minutes every half hour. I am also going to pull out my hand weights and do some arm exercises as well.

My food for Monday was OK, not horrible but not great. I didn't eat breakfast. I had 1/2c spiral pasta w. 2tbsp italian dressing for lunch, dinner was 3 small blueberry pancakes w/ sugar free syrup and then around 11pm I had a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with fat free cheddar cheese and 1tbsp of fat free mayo. I had water to drink with each meal as well. I'm running low on my breakfast/lunch foods - my cousin is going shopping for me this week so I should get back on track normally soon!

Sending love and prayers for all - Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment